How to Mix & Match Bridesmaids
One of the latest bridal trends is allowing bridesmaids to select their dress with little if any restrictions. This new “mix & match” concept often means a couple of things: the bride chooses a particular color, and also the bridesmaids wear several styles for the reason that color, or the bride to let the bridesmaids pick both color and the type of dress. While this flexibility and creativity could be a great thing, the truth is it can cause unnecessary stress for both the bride-to-be and the wedding party.
Bridal photos can lack continuity due to multiple styles & colors. However, if this trend is performed well it may look amazing! Since this trend emerged we now have had so many women looking for the easiest method to accomplish the appearance with the least quantity of stress.
Here is what we now have found:
1. Find photos of the vision- Visuals might help communicate how well you see to your bridesmaids. This will provide them with a better concept of what they should be searching for. One of the biggest challenges we hear from bridesmaids isn’t knowing the things they should be taking a look at. Many of their brides have said, “I simply want you to wear blush bridesmaid dresses!” This is extremely confusing and may leave lots of room for error.
2. Decide which color, colors, or print you’d like- If you are doing one color select one designer, one fabric, and order them together. This eliminates any variation in color because of different dye lots and textures. All fabrics get color and lighting differently. If you are getting your bridesmaids inside a color pallet decide what colors work on each girl and where they’ll be standing so there’s uniformity. A huge part of a great mix & match is uniformity in some manner! (Say you have 6 bridesmaids- 2 in gold, 2 in champagne, and a pair of in blush. The girls of the same color shouldn’t stand alongside each other.)
3. Pick lengths- Again consistency through the party is essential! No one wants to become the one bridesmaid inside a short dress as the other three have been in long gowns.
4. Have each bridesmaid send photos of them within the dress for approval- This may be more work for the bride to be, as well as the desired effect to operate you have to see what each dress will look like. Also, your bridesmaids want you to be happy and want direction. If the color is off or even the style is simply too formal or too casual, they have to understand the things they should be searching for.
5. Just have your MOH inside a different pattern, color, or style- This distinguishes your bridesmaid(s) and it is an excellent way to incorporate one more color or print.
6. Give your girls time- Have plenty of time for the bridesmaids to obtain the right dress. This could be a process and take a moment to get right. The last thing you would like is to add extra stress to yourself as well as your bridesmaids. We recommend ordering your feeltimes dresses 4 months before your big day.
Mix and matching bridesmaids is an awesome method to add a playful touch for your wedding day, but don’t feel below par if you would like one dress and something color. We have seen so many women feel pressured to allow their girls to choose and it may become overwhelming if that’s not that which you want to complete.
Happy shopping and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!